Monday, 25 October 2010

Time To Stop Co-Sleeping




Well I think the time has finally come, I have spent the last nine months of my life sharing my bed with my beautiful nursing baby daughter and the time has come for her to move into her own room. I have been looking forward to having some independence of my own again and really feel this is the time now when Bailey is rolling around a lot at night and needs her own space.

My 2 ½ year old son Scotty used to sleep happily in his own room but when Bailey came along he would not be left out of the family bedroom and rather than fighting with him every night we decided to move his little bed back into our room for the time being and it has been really lovely to wake up with the kids every morning, however, now that Scotty is starting preschool and potty training and Bailey is moving out we have decided that the kids need to move into a room of their own so I have come up with a plan.

Now I am not foolish enough to think that everything will go completely smoothly, anyone who has co-slept with their kids knows that getting them out into their own space can sometimes take some convincing but getting your privacy back is ever so worth it and I am looking forward to waking up to hearing the kids playing together in their room next door. Our house is a three abedroom and up until a few weeks ago the second big bedroom has belonged to my eldest son Jess, however, he has moved out with his friend and that leaves a large bedroom and the box room to work with. I would really like to use that box room as my office and redecorate the large room for the two kids so that is my plan. Now Bailey nurses herself to sleep every evening and sleeps quite soundly when not teething and Scotty sleeps pretty soundly too so I think if I get a new single bed for Scotty and put the crib in the new room for Bailey then it will not be a difficult transition but I want to make sure everything is perfect for them so I need to do some painting and redecorating but cannot wait to see how it goes, wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with that - sounds simple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sending you some luck too, Bernie. I remember quite vividly when Chelcie was moved to her own room - we didn't sleep for weeks LOL

    ReplyDelete