Yesterday I noticed an interesting thing about Scotty, I noticed that if he saw either the cat or Bailey doing something he felt they shouldn't be doing he yelled at them..hmmm..wonder where he got that from? Needless to say today I made it my Mom-mission not to yell at the kids anymore. Anyone who knows me will have a good old laugh at this as I am kind of known for being what I like to call 'passionate' but my husband likes to call 'gobby'. Anyway, all in all it has been a really good day and I am quite suprised at how well everyone has behaved today and how peaceful the house seems. I never before realized how my tension effected everyone around me..
Well I kept my cool through little hands in the juice cups, and little hands pulling the clean laundry out of the baskets and onto the floor, and little hands pushing over his little sister so she bonked her head on the floor, and little hands picking the paint off the floorboards upstairs. I did lose my cool over little hands dumping my loose change on the bedroom floor and little feet splashing water all over the bathroom at bath time but I chalk that up to late in the day fatigue! All in all not bad for a first try I think.
What I did notice is that when I see trouble coming I can often divert it by asking
if someone wants a cuddle. I never got a no to that question and there was a lot of cuddling, kissing and tickling going on today, a lot more that usual and it was fun. I definately think this new rule is a keeper.
Like your blog Berni. Lovely family - I'm so grateful you lot are our family. xx
ReplyDeleteNice post - thanks for sharing your challenges along with your joys so honestly.
ReplyDelete