
Even though I have been a Mum for 20 years or so does not mean I am a flawless parent, far from it actually. What it actually means is that I can see over a longer period of time what mistakes I have made, what I am responsible for and what I am not and that there is never an end to learning to be a better parent.
Having said this here is something important I have learned; teach your kids to respect you by letting them know they can trust you. The idea is that my kids will trust me to show them the boundaries and help them learn if I am trustworthy and respectful to them. Hmmm, seems sooo simple doesn't it?
If I try to keep that in mind as I go throughout my day then it dramatically changes my attitude towards my kids and my relationship with them. It makes for a calm and happy house really but more importantly I hope it will make for a loving relationship with my kids well into their adulthood. My dream for my kids is to live healthy happy lives where they will always know I'm there for them and will not advise them based on what works for me but on what is best for them.
Does this work for cats?
ReplyDeleteHa ha, I'm not sure but you could try x
ReplyDelete